Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Travel Light

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
(Matthew 11:28-30)

Jesus is letting the Jews know that all the heavy burdens the Jewish leaders were placing upon them could be relieved by following Him. The religious ceremonies, unfair taxes, circumcision laws, (Acts 15:10) and other ridiculous practices (Matthew 23:4) all were done away with as folks accepted the Messiah.

The yoke Jesus offers is a partnership with Him . . . He will carry the burdens with us and for us as we labor for Him. He will pull the lion's share of the load when we are weak. We can lean on Him and allow Christ to do the work as we trust Him and surrender to Him. On the most burdensome days, when we look back we see one set of footprints . . . HIS!

The burden man puts upon us is heavy! It weighs us down as we attempt to please people who can never be happy. We are constantly dragged down by folks who just will not stop seeking more . . . pushing for better . . . needing bigger! This world and all its institutions and organizations cannot possibly do what God promises the believer. True peace and satisfaction can only come when one is in Christ!

Come to Jesus . . .but leave the baggage behind. Travel light!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...