Monday, September 5, 2011

The Apha and Omega Professor

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14)

As one given the challenge to mentor and guide youth, I realize daily my shortcomings and failures. I realize the youth of today may actually know more than I do in many subject areas. However, that does not keep me from growing and learning from them!

Knowledge alone does not make one successful. Heck, I just finished my Masters' work myself at 51 and am realizing there is yet more to learn! We can never stop learning, especially if we are in a teaching / discipleship role! Wisdom that reaches our youth can only come from God! It does not come in a how-to book or a five-step plan. I comes from spending time in His Word and making the proper application to our lives and the lives of those we are given to mentor.

As we parents, teachers, mentors, and other role models face another academic year, may we first commit to coninual learning from God, the Apha and Omega Professor!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...