Friday, July 22, 2011

Not Quite Finished!

Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
(Matthew 5:12)

As we go through things in ministry and as a family, many times folks do not quite understand why we do things or why we even bother! I would be remiss if I said it did not bother me, however I realize that what God has for us is not for everyone!

It is hard many times going through this challenge and that disappointment. It is disturbing when those closest to us misjudge us and call us out. But then I realize that it could be worse! I have a loving wife and we are doing our best to carry out God's calling the best way we can. We are still imperfect!

Thee are many times when God steps right in and does the miraculous. There are other times when folks come up and bless our socks right off. Then there are times when we struggle for a bit longer than we would choose . . . but it is all part of God's plan to perect us!

I know He is at work and it's all for our good! Paul said it best and I am bamking on these words:

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
(Philippians 1:6)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...