Monday, June 13, 2011

Just For Me

Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
(Jeremiah 32:17)

As I head into a summer of stretching, this verse is definitely just for me! The prophet Jeremiah was purchasing land for his people even though Jerusalem was about to be levelled!

As believers, though we have to live in this world, we cannot allow present troubles keep us from the promises of God!This is our faith . . .nothing is too hard for God!

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
(Hebrews 11:1)

As a missionary / teacher my paid employment is cut off for the summer as we go into a sort of fundraising sabbatical. God's work is not stopping however . . . it is the weak in faith who refuse to trust God to provide when all seems bleak. We cannot just stop . . . maybe slow down a bit, but never stop!

I have to allow God to increase. I must not see the circumstances as the ruler of my life. God rules and over-rules! If I do not allow God to work, then who will be able to see Him at work?

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
(Matthew 5:16)

These words are just for me!

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...