Monday, June 20, 2011

A Father's Day message from DADDY

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.
(2 Chronicles 15:7)

This prophet (Azariah), who is mentioned nowhere else in the Bible, appears at this stage of the sacred story in the discharge of an interesting mission. He went to meet Asa, as he was returning from his victorious pursuit of the Ethiopians, and the congratulatory address here recorded was publicly made to the king in presence of his army.(BibleStudyTools.com)

The king was so encouraged by these words that he eventually went on to remove idols from the land and not satisfied with these minor measures of purification and improvement, Asa contemplated a grand scheme which was to pledge his whole kingdom to complete the work of reformation.

Sometimes we just need a bit of encouragement. It does not always have to be directly from God's Word, but when it is, we seem to really get a boost! I have recently been so encouraged as I sit in Bible Study or in Sunday service and I just know God is speaking directly to me through my pastor!

Well, this is one of those times! As I read, I hear from God: be encouraged . . . do not give up . . . do not look at the present circumstances . . . I AM watching you and I will reward you!

Thanks DADDY (ABBA): I needed to hear that . . . and the day after father's day too! WOW!!!

God loves those who serve Him with diligence and with a great joy in doing so. Complete obedience always brings blessings! Be on the lookout . . . do not quit!

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
(Hebrews 11:6)

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...