Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Continue the Battle

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
(2 Corinthians 4:7-10)

I know it may sound trivial and a bit uncaring when we are going through, but if Paul and so many more went through such severe challenges, why do we fret? Did God not meet their needs? Do we not look to these folks as our heroes in the faith? So when we are challenged spiritually, and many times physically as well, why are we surprised or even frustrated? I even get frustrated at my own frustration at times! Now that's dumb!

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
(2 Corinthians 4:16-18)

People often say my wife and I are an encouragement to others. While I cannot see why or how, I am humbled. I should always feel privileged to be called by God to do His work, no matter the struggles, no matter the recognition, no matter the consequences. As Paul stated, I must understand the war between my flesh and my spirit.(Romans 7:14-25) it is real!

It's a jungle . . . a war . . . and those who love the Lord will not quit, but rather continue the battle.

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...