Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Not a Fan of Jesus

And anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. (Matthew 10:38-39)

Jesus, in sending out His disciples, warned them that it would not be easy!Following Christ, really loving Him and not simply being a fan of His, takes sacrifice, humility, and selflessness.

Real love and dedication to the Savior and His ways will make our love for family and friends look like hate. Not that we hate our family, but our love for Jesus is so much deeper! In fact, Jesus warned that family and freinds will even turn against the true disciple of jesus Christ at times!(Matthew 10:34-37)

In John 21, Jeusus challenged Peter and the others to "Follow Me". As we walk through life we must realize that to walk with the Lord will be a challenge, but no one that we walk alone.

He promises to send His Spirit to go through life with us. As we face life's challenges, the ridicule of folks, and even threats upon our lives and worse, we can take heart:there is Peace. Jesus has overcome all these things for us!(John 16:33)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...