Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Love God??? Love People!!!

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. (1 John 5:3-4)

I love Jesus yes I do . . . I love Jesus, how 'bout you? Sounds like a chant at a football game, but in actuality, it is a call to all believers to shout out their love for Christ . . . but how?

The elder, the oldest living apostle and the one Jesus loved (John 13:23)tells us we show the world our love for Christ by obeying His words!

Here we see again: love is a verb, not a feeling!

So what does love look like to a world that daily witnesses murders, rapes, abuses and ignorance?

My freinds in New Orleans at Urban Impact Ministries (http://www.urbanimpact.org/) put it this way: Love God with all you got and love people 'til you drop!

This is loving as Jesus instructed and showed us: This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. (1 John 3:16) But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

Do we really love Jesus . . . well, show it! It is not about me!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...