Thursday, May 19, 2011

Being in "want" . . .yet not quitting.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)

I must admit, this is a struggle for me at this point in my life. I love serving the Lord and I appreciate all He has done for me and my family. However, there are things I would like to be doing . . . things I would like to have . . . things I would like to do for those I love . . . .

At this point in my life, I am in want. It has been that way for quite a while recently. I am striving to be as Paul when he wrote:I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.(Philippians 4:12)

I know the answer: I must allow my will to line up with God's will for me. It is simple, yet it is not. Human nature tends to bully me around at time. But I know this one thing: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:13-14)

I am not quitting now!

1 comment:

John Horst said...

Jerry,
Been listening to a sermon series on Ps. 23. "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." Learning to be satisfied with Jesus seems to be one of the hardest lessons for us to learn. We've been programmed by our culture to never experience satisfaction; there is always something else we deserve, need, or just ought to have.

Stuff will happen

Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast,...