Friday, April 8, 2011

Well Done????

And anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. (Matthew 10:38:39)

Anyone who thinks becoming a Christian is like winning the prize behind door number three is well . . . mistaken! Christianity is not a game show. It is not about all the toys God can bless me with or all the best things in life. It is about coming in line with God's will for one's life and living it out for the good of the Kingdom!

Perhaps God will allow riches, like Solomon . . . but he too had problems! Perhaps God will allow hardships, yet look how Joseph was prospered!Riches can be a curse and sufferings most often bring rewards. The cross God would have every Christian to bear is to accept His will and live it for the glory of God.

My life is not my own. (Galatians 2:20)I live so others may see my God at work in my life and want to know Him for themselves. It is not easy. It is more often a challenge than not. But I know that one day, Christ wil say "Well done". (Matthew 25:21)Then it will be well worth it!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...