Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Still Sufficient

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.(Lamentation 3:22-23)

Jeremiah witnessed the Lord's wrath upon Israel for her disobedience, yet he realized it could and should have been worse! As we witness the world around us, we too can see where God has judged and where He has simply left man to His own desires and the subsequent consequences.

Even in our personal lives, we can see clearly at times where God has chastised us. We have felt His sting. We have experienced the isolation of being out of fellowship with our Father. We have feared His discipline . . . I know I have!

Yet becasue of His great love, compassion, grace and mercy, you and I have not been consumed: Great is His faithfulness!God still holds out for us to turn toward Him and come to Him humbly for forgiveness and a desire to obey. But I often wonder how long will He will continue to be patient? How long is His longsuffering? How much more can He bear?

Thank God for His grace. It is still sufficient! Yet time is running out: He will return, sooner rather than later! Others need to know of His grace and we need to share it . . . TODAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a work in progress!

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...