Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ready to Bless

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.(1John 5:14-15)

As a parent of four and grandparent of five, I stand ready to bless my children. I am just waiting to reward them. In fact, if you ask my wife, I sometimes give to them because I want to, not because they have done something well! Whatever the case, my desire is for them is to do well, choose right, and be blessed.

God our Father is no different. I believe He cannot wait to bless His children. However, unlike me and most earthly dads, He cannot reward mediocrity or disobedience! God desires holiness, yet He stands ready to bless nonetheless.

I often say that God has a place for every one of His children on His refrigerator in heaven. He is waiting to place our picture, our artwork, our special and unique offering up for all to see, if we simply obey!

God stands ready to bless today . . .are we willing tomake the decision to obey? Be holy, because God is holy!(1 Peter 1:16).

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...