Friday, March 11, 2011

Nicodemus, an Pharisee and member of the teaching leaders of the Jewish church had no idea. Once confronted by the Living Word, he was born again! He grew to be so bold as to be at the cross of Christ on Calvary. One who was once in darkness, was now able to walk in the light!

On this my 51st birthday, I am reminded that 18 years ago this summer, one week after my five year old daughter was saved at my present church's VBS, a minister clearly showed me that I was a sinner (Romans 3:23). He had me read that I could receive the grace of God (Romans 6:23) and if I would believe with my whole heart, repent, and confess that sincere belief in the Savior (Romans 10:9-10)that I too could be saved from my sin. I commited my life to the Lord that summer day in 1993 and became His child (John 1:12). I am convinced in my heart that He forgives me daily as I confess my sin (1 John 1:9).

Like Nicodemus, I am now born again and walk in the light of forgiveness and eternal security. It was not just words or a walk down the aisle. In fact, I was saved in a house. I had only been in the church I now call home when my daughter was baptized. That was the only time I had stepped inside the church.

I am eternally grateful on this my birth-day for my parents. But more so, I am eternally grateful for the grace of God, for second, third and millionth chances, for my bride and children, and for my one and only Pastor and other ministers and teachers who have diciplined me, taught me, encourged, me, and walked beside me along the way!

What about you . . . are YOU born again?

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...