Friday, March 4, 2011

Faithful . . . .

O Lord, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going. (Psalm 30:3)

As David dedicated the temple in this psalm, he recalled how fiathful God had been to him as he went through trials and tribulations. God is faithful . . .it is just Who is is!

As we struggle through life we realize it is not God who causes us to fall. It is from our own lusts, desires, and weaknesses. We give in. We give up. We give out. God remains faithful to His Word and His character.

Yet as we reach success and milestones in life, we at times tend to pat ourselves on the back too much. I planned . . . I studied . . . I made it!

Our focus tends to be on God when we fail more than when we succeed: "Why God?",we ask. However,when we succeed, we do not ask why too often! Oh, we are thankful, but never if at all question why!

God has a plan for each of us (Jeremiah 29:11). Most times the plans for ultimate success has some failures along the way. The question to ask is "What do I do in this situation Lord?" Show me how to react to this disappointment,this setback, even this success. How can I please You best? How can You best receive the honor at this point in my life?

Let's remember God is the good times as well as the not to pleasant times. He is faithful to us. He is always with us. It is He who allows things to occur. He is still in control . . . still steering the ship!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...