Friday, February 18, 2011

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.(James 1:19-20)

Why do I have two ears Lord and only one mouth? The better to hear with my son!

As I have gotten older and I hope wiser, I have learned to listen more before I speak. More times than not, I gain wisdom from the one speaking. If I need to speak at all, it's better to wait for the proper timing: it keeps my foot out of my mouth!My pastor reminds us often that God has given us a cage (our teeth) around our tongue, just in case our lips cannot keep closed.

Speak wisdom today . . . and if you have to, use words!!!!!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...