Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's Been a While . . .

My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. (Prov 3:11-12 (NIV))

As I have been busy with ministry, completing my Master's Program at Liberty University, and now teaching at our church school for a year and a half, I was here at school and was moved to "post".

Over the past two years, I must admit God has had His hand upon my life and my family. His discipline, His rebuke, and His rewards have been needed! As I have worked closely with the youth however, I am saddened to see it's the parents who need the Father's discipline mor than the chidren need their parents' rebuke and guidance! Many of our youth suffer from lack of parental guidance at home and the needed example of what real Christianity is. Many times as I have counseled a student only to find his or her parents allow the activity or simply have no idea what the child is doing!

Parents, take time to be with your children: play video games with them (kid games, not adult mayure games!); watch cartoons, play ball, play board games, help with homework, pray with yoru family! Time is wasting away and our next generation is seeking a model to follow.

How will we answer God when He inquires of our parental involvement? Are we to blame for this generation's failures????

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...