Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm a Nobody . . . but for Christ

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.(John 14:12-14)

It blows my mind that Jesus said that I (we) can do even greater things than He did! Then I get to thinking: He only had the Old Testament, the things He would do (whether people believed or not, thinking he was an evil spirit), and His followers (who doubted themselves at times). Until He rose from the dead . . . .

But since His resurrection and ascension to the right hand of God the Father, Jesus now has left behind evidence , eyewitnesses, and prophecies fulfilled and still coming to fruition today! We also have the written Word (Old and New Testament) in just about every language . . . even comic books!

We can now reach more people than the original believers by way of internet,cell phone, and printed publication. We have proven testimony of everyone since Christ and even our very own testimony . . . the most effective witnessing tool!

So I take the challenge seriously and strive to be just a nobody, trying to tell everybody, about somebody who can save anybody (William's Bros.,Blessed, 2005).

How many can we lead to Christ with what we have? Will we take this challenge seriously?

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...