Thursday, September 25, 2008

09 25 08 MY JOB SITE

“Anyone who refuses to work doesn't plow in the right season.
When he looks for a crop at harvest time, he doesn't find it.”
(Proverbs 20:4 NIrV)


Sluggards (those who refuse to work when needed) are procrastinators, rationalizers, weary of resistance, and tend to be rather foolish. The Bible says the sluggard will go hungry (Proverbs 19:15) and will find many roadblocks along the way (Proverbs 15:19). Poverty tends to discover the one who chooses not to labor hard in life (Proverbs 6:10-11). When the sluggard looks for reward, he finds a mess and then wonders why?

God has little pity on the sluggard and as does Paul and many other writers of the New Testament. It is clearly laid out that if we follow the guidelines God has set out, we find reward. If not, we find a mess at the end of life. That mess is an eternal hell! How many will get to the end and wonder “why?” Why didn’t someone tell me? Too lazy to find out…too foolish to listen, or was I too busy or too selfish to tell them? What am I doing while on MY JOB SITE?


“He told them, ‘The harvest is huge, but the workers are few. So ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest field.’”
(Luke 10:2 NIrV)


The harvest field is MY JOB SITE! To reap a harvest, the work must be done prior to the harvest. We must invest time, sweat, sacrifice, disappointment, drought …but we must keep plowing ahead…leaning forward…no looking back…not giving up! We have to forget about the past and push toward the high calling, the prize that awaits us in heaven. In that pushing, we labor. We work to set the example for others to follow. We labor to seek those who have no idea what God’s love is and the power we have found in the cross. We toil to show a living faith, a confident faith, and a faith that not only saves, but gives power to endure. We sacrifice our rest, our money, and our possessions for those who not only need things, but need to see God’s love at work. I don’t believe Jesus went to the cross for me to just sit here and be prosperous or to gather the things I am entitled to on this earth.

My prosperity is in heaven. Oh sure, I may just be blessed with abundance of riches, health, friends, and more. But that is God’s prerogative. I was instructed to go, disciple, and see that those I meet have an opportunity to meet the King. My lot in life is to accept His will for me and still live like the prince that I am! I am a child of the King and I am to do His work while here on earth, whatever He decides that work looks like. I may not necessarily be rich in finances and possessions, but I am privileged: privileged to do His work and be in His presence forever. MY JOB SITE is this earth. My home is in heaven. When my work is through, my Savior will punch the time clock for me and call me home. He did not say “wait”…. In fact, I can’t wait to see my Savior’s face! But I want to give Him something in return…so I give Him my life, my labor. Therefore, while I’m living, with the breath I have left, I’m living for Him. Pray with me for more laborers!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...