Wednesday, September 10, 2008

09 10 08 Beyond Understanding

“Don't you know who made everything? Haven't you heard about him?
The Lord is the God who lives forever. He created everything on earth.
He won't become worn out or get tired. No one will ever know how great his understanding is. He gives strength to those who are tired. He gives power to those who are weak. Even young people become worn out and get tired. Even the best of them trip and fall. But those who trust in the Lord will receive new strength. They will fly as high as eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not grow weak.”
(Isaiah 40:28-31 NIrV)


God covers time and space. He has always been and always will be. As much as that is BEYOND UNDERSTANDING, this is probably the first step of a Christian’s faith. In order to believe in a holy and perfect God, the Creator of every thing that ever was, and One who has the right to judge everyone and everything as well, one must believe that He is Who He says He is. It does not make sense to the human mind that God was not created and will not die. Before time, He was. In our lifetime, He is. After all life on this earth is over, He will always be!

It makes no logical sense in my mind, but in my heart, oh here it makes all the sense in the world...in my world! God is definitely BEYOND UNDERSTANDING! He is the reason why a man will turn down a royal future to go up against a nation and its powerful leader for the freedom of his people. He is the reason why a powerful civil and church official will risk position, career, and social status, and take a stand for a radical religious movement. He is the reason why a young struggling couple will leave family and friends to make necessary sacrifices to protect an unborn baby and then raise him and guide him. He is the reason why many today choose a life of service over the luxuries we are able to obtain so easily.

Isaiah reminds us that God is all-powerful, all-knowing and ever-present. As the eagle is the picture of strength, power, poise, and vision, so we find our sustenance in our Father God. He lifts us when we are weak. He carries us when we are burdened. He keeps us focused when the light grows dim. God only ask for our commitment in return. This is BEYOND UNDERSTANDING! God gives me all I need simply in exchange for my heart commitment to Him! WOW! Thank you DADDY!!!

This day I pray for all those who over the years have said yes to the call of God within their hearts: Moses (the Prince of Egypt), Paul (the Pharisee of Pharisees and the Hebrew of all Hebrews), Joseph and Mary (the young couple on the run), pastors and missionaries, teachers and parents, and my wife. Thank you all for showing me that God’s plan for me is above any plan I have for myself. Thank you for opening my eyes to His Word and my heart to the cross. Thank you my God (my DADDY) for so loving me; thank you my Jesus (my Rock) for sacrificing for me, thank you Holy Spirit (my Strength) for leading me. It’s BEYOND UNDERSTANDING for me.

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...