Wednesday, August 13, 2008

08 13 08 To See His Beauty!

“Ever since the world was created it has been possible to see the qualities of God that are not seen. I'm talking about his eternal power and about the fact that he is God. Those things can be seen in what he has made. So people have no excuse for what they do.” (Romans 1:20 NIrV)

Paul writes that ever since the creation of man, we have been able to see the magnificent grandeur of His qualities in nature alone. We see His power in the roar of the oceans, the howling wind on a cold winter night, even in the fierce thunder and lighting in a summer storm. We see His beauty in the flowers, the snow-sapped mountains and in the wonderful colors of animals, insects, birds, fish and more. We sense His love in the crisp clear breeze in the fall morning, the first snowflake of winter, or cool refreshing waters in the summer heat. We can almost see His purity and holiness in the fresh fallen snow upon the fields.

When faced with challenges and tragedy, we often hear someone say “Where is God in all of this?” He is always right in the midst of it all! Just look around. Even in the midst of the deepest tragedy…He is there! Circumstances change minute by minute, but DADDY remains faithful, powerful, beautiful, graceful, and holy!

Whenever we feel He is not near to us, it’s because we have damaged the relationship. We have abandoned our first love for our chosen lusts or other pleasures. We have run off to please ourselves. But He is always there waiting…calling…caring; we simply need to look around and run to His embrace.

TO SEE HIS BEAUTY is to wake up to a sunrise; to hear the gentle rain upon the rooftop; to experience the roaring waves pass back and forth from the ocean depths to the shore. To feel His grace is to humbly call upon His name. Whether it’s at midnight, in the early morning, or in the middle of the work day; He is there!

Look around…call out His name…

DADDY…FATHER…PAPA…MY GOD and SAVIOR:
I can see You in the beauty of Your creation. I can feel you in the gentle breeze.
I need Your embrace…Your grace…Your power.
Cleanse me…Fill me…Use me.
Let people see You in me as I see You in all that surrounds me.
Allow this body, Your creation, to reflect Your glory just as nature does.
Let it be done to for Your honor and to bring others to know You more deeply!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...