Friday, July 11, 2008

07 11 08 UNCHARTERED TERRITORY

“By faith Noah, when he was warned about things not yet seen, with reverent regard constructed an ark for the deliverance of his family. Through faith he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.”
(Hebrews 11:7 NET)



Noah was about to enter UNCHARTERED TERRITORY. The NIrV version reads that “God had warned him about things that could not yet be seen”. You recall, it had never rained before as we know it. There was never any threat of the rivers rising or the local levees breaking. There was no warning siren or tropical storm forecasts from the local weathermen. For the first time the Lord whispered to someone, “it’s gonna rain!”

Did Noah wait for confirmation? Did he check the Farmers’ Almanac or the Weather Channel? There is no written evidence that he did anything but obey the Lord.

“Noah did everything just as God commanded him.”
(Genesis 6:22 NIV)


I have the examples before me. Of course the Bible is full of men and women of faith. But even before my very eyes I have witnessed the lives of men and women who have faithfully and without wavering followed God’s call into UNCHARTERED TERRITORY! So even though I have faced very challenging times along with my wife and family lately, I have His promises…I have His witnesses…I have a Savior!

I have a BIG God who still does BIG things for little people like you and me. He specializes in the miraculous and the unbelievable. However, I believe that He still is…that He still does…that He still cares. He still rewards the diligent and the steadfast. He still hears from the downcast and the hurting. He still sits on the throne high above and rules all things down here below. Many believe this is UNCHARTERED TERRITORY. I believe it’s where God wants me to be: safe in His arms, led by His Spirit, and fed from His hand.

I see it every time it rains and His rainbow smiles upon me. “I promise…”

:)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...