Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Worry & Peace?

"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way…do not fret--- it only causes harm." (Psalm 37:7-8 NKJV)

WORRY can’t possibly co-exist with peace. PEACE is not a condition we can put on someone. It is received from an abiding relationship with Jesus Christ. As we abide, or rest in the vine (John 15), we begin to bear the fruit of peace. (Galatians 5:22) PEACEof God is a gift the Lord allows us to experience as we walk in His will, trust in His promises, and come under His protection in times of trouble. PEACE with God is simply knowing we are forgiven of our sin, saved from eternal hell, and His forever. Possessing the PEACE of God is a different story altogether!

PEACE of God is knowing that whatever we go through, we trust that the Lord is working it out in our best interest and we will follow His will, not trying to fix things on our own. It’s the genuine smile on our face, the pep in our step, and the joy in our heart, despite the challenges we are facing. God has things in control! Trust Him…

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is life not more than food and the body more than clothing…Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” (Matthew 6:25-30 NKJV)

There it is in a nutshell, from Jesus Himself: so why do I WORRY? What does an hour or two of worries add to my day anyway? It only wastes time that God could be using! Do I not trust God? How many times do I have to screw things up to finally allow God to work?

I have found this to be true: down on my knees, at the foot of the cross, is the most secure and peaceful place to be. If I will allow the Lord to take my desires and my needs and do with them as He pleases, then trust Him and not take them back, then I experience a PEACE that goes way beyond my finite understanding!

It’s in the storms of life, when we’re holding onto God with both hands, that we know He is Who He is. He is the great I AM, the First and Last, the Alpha and Omega, my Rock and my Redeemer…my DADDY!

No Jesus? No PEACE! KNOW Jesus? KNOW PEACE!!!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...