Monday, June 9, 2008

06 09 08 Daily Reminder


“Don't be like that. Instead, anyone who wants to be important among you must be your servant. And anyone who wants to be first must be the slave of everyone. Even the Son of Man did not come to be served. Instead, he came to serve others. He came to give his life as the price for setting many people free."
(Mark 10:43-45 NIrV)



While preparing for a mission trip to assist Katrina victims in New Orleans, LA, I was sent a reminder from the leaders there. It sticks with me as a DAILY REMINDER of who I am and WHOSE I am. My rights are really non-existent as I realize what my Savior has done for me! The following includes just a sampling of the things I need to be reminded of daily, as I attempt to please my DADDY….


I may have to give up a good night’s rest and trust God for strength and endurance:
I just might have to give up my preference of foods and accept His daily bread:
I may have to adjust my likes in clothing and allow God to cover me:
My timing and expectations must be changed to God’s timing and plans:
I must give up control and trust the Spirit to guide the wheel:
I just may have to sacrifice comfortable living for the privilege of good suffering for His sake:
Decision making becomes a point of trusting the sovereign hand of God:
Success must be measured according to God’s will, not my reputation among men:
Rewards must be replaced with joy in doing the Father’s will, not mine:
Being right; being heard; being recognized now comes from an audience of One: DADDY!



What rights do I have after what I’ve done compared to what the Lord has done for me? As Paul addressed the Roman believers on a missionary journey through Corinth (late AD 57) I’m sure he too was reminded of the rights of one redeemed by the blood of Christ.

“Brothers and sisters, God has shown you his mercy. So I am asking you to offer up your bodies to Him while you are still alive. Your bodies are a holy sacrifice that is pleasing to God. When you offer your bodies to God, you are worshiping him. Don't live any longer the way this world lives. Let your way of thinking be completely changed. Then you will be able to test what God wants for you. And you will agree that what he wants is right. His plan is good and pleasing and perfect.
(Romans 12:1-2 NIrV)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...