Friday, May 30, 2008

Between The Father and Child


“Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”
(Psalm 51:10)


We must see, as David did, that real forgiveness, the cleansing of our souls, does not come from a simple, “I’m sorry, please forgive me.” It has to come with a heartfelt desire for the Lord to change me…transform me…remold me! Make my deepest desires and interests for You God. You are indeed the potter and I desire to be the clay in Your hands to be used as You see fit. I want Your will! Make me a new creature, evolving day by day by the power of Your Spirit into Your likeness and image.

“You must be born again.” (John 3:7)


Jesus said this to Nicodemus, a leading teacher in the Jewish Sanhedrin. We need to hear it today. Being born again is not a freakish thing, a cultish activity, or a denominational sacrament. It’s biblical instruction from Jesus Himself! We can’t change ourselves: it’s the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit. It’s a re-birth! It’s a new life! Once truly saved by the power of the blood of Christ, God has designs upon our lives. We must allow the Spirit free reign in our personal life, our marriage, our jobs, and every aspect of our life. We have a new life from above…from the Spirit of God. These questions are now BETWEEN THE FATHER AND CHILD… “Am I truly born again?” “Am I a new creature?” "Have I allowed the Lord’s Spirit free reign in every nook and cranny of my life?”

“But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” (John3:21)

Once born-again, we can begin to influence others. This is vital in the relationship BETWEEN THE FATHER AND CHILD.

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...