Tuesday, April 29, 2008

04 29 08 Power Within to Go Without

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you.
Then you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem.
You will be my witnesses in all Judea and Samaria.
And you will be my witnesses from one end of the earth to the other."
(Acts 1:8 NIrV)


Once forgiven, saved, and sealed by the Holy Spirit, we have work to do. We are not saved to go to heaven, but saved to be representatives of Christ. Jesus gave this command (not a suggestion) that we are to witness (martus, pronounced martoos) as we go….This word describes a legal witness, one who testifies, even to the extreme of martyrdom as in the biblical days. We do it with the physical and moral power (dunamis) coming from our new spiritual nature of the Risen Christ.

We are without excuse. If saved, we have received power. If saved, we should be witnessing (as an example if nothing else) to those around us wherever we go. If saved, we have the power within to go without! Jesus said we will be…well?

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...