Thursday, April 10, 2008

04 10 08 Walk With Me

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you.
Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.”
(Matthew 11:28-30 NLT)


Jesus might have asked: “Aren’t you tired and burned-out on all that religious stuff? Look, come walk with me, and I’ll help you recover your life – your real purpose – and even though it will require some hard, very hard work, you’ll be energized by it because you’ll be living life to its fullest. You’ll be doing exactly what my Father created you to do, and more importantly, you’ll be exactly who I want you to be.”

We spend so much time and energy doing ministry: outreaches, events, programs, conferences, and schooling. We are so educated and equipped, yet still challenged, still lacking, still falling short. Why is this? Jesus whispers it to us in the passage above: Spend more personal time with Me! Let Me energize you, encourage you, give you your energy back and allow you to be used where I intended! Jesus knows us intimately and has a plan for each of us. We just don’t have time to do it His way; because we too busy doing things how we best see it. If we’ll simply let go…surrender. “WALK WITH ME”, he says. “Take time for Me.”

Do you find yourself tired? I know I do, especially the past few weeks. We’ve really been challenged! If we’ll only trust Jesus more…Jesus will teach us how to find rest in Him. This is not a rest absent of stress, but the rest that results from believing in God’s faithfulness. It is the peace of God, knowing we’re in His care and in His hands! My challenge is that we ask God to show us what blocks us from believing fully in His faithfulness, and then ask Him to break those barriers down.

1 Purpose Driven Life Daily Devotional, April 10, 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry,

You are doing an awesome job managing the TSN blog. Your Daily Reminders are relevant to today and a wonderful start to my day. Keep up the good work. I know it is not easy but you will reap the rewards in due time, His timing!

Tamara

In The Beginnining said...

Praise God and the gift of His Spirit. I'm just trying to do my best to be obedient to His call and direction!

Thanks for your support. I await the "well done" from DADDY!

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...