Tuesday, March 4, 2008

03 04 08 I Am Yours

“But Moses said to God, ‘Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?’"
(Exodus 3:11)



Moses felt totally unqualified for the job God had lined up for him to do. He was unable to see or accept the reality that God believed he was the one for the job. Perhaps Moses’ past blinded the future God had intended (Every Man’s Bible, Tyndale House, 2004).

Charles Swindoll put it this way: “Huge difference. In God's calling, He has a plan; but He never expects you to carry out that plan. He's going to pull it off. He simply wants you to be the instrument of action. After all, it is His reputation that's at stake, not yours. All He asks is that you give yourself to Him as a tool He can pick up and use. That's all.”

Personally, I can say I still do not feel qualified to do any of God’s work. I am beginning to realize that I never will either. It’s not that God has not forgiven me or that I don’t believe He has renewed my heart and cleansed me from the penalty of sins; it’s a simple fact that I have come to realize it’s not me, but Him!

We (men especially) tend to judge ourselves by our accomplishments. When we come to realize that we are absolutely nothing before a holy and righteous God, we indeed say, “Woe is me, a man of unclean lips, a defiled heart, and a filthy mind.” It is then hard to come to the realization that God can and wants to use me! “WHY?” I do nothing in and through myself; it’s simply saying “I AM YOURS.” God then works through me.

God qualifies me. He positions me. He promotes me. He teaches me. He forgives, reshapes, restores, and reminds me Who He is and Whose I am.

Abused, beaten, accused, ridiculed, broken, battered, and totally guilty; He sets me free. My old life died with Christ upon the cross. There is liberty; there is life; there is power in Jesus! Because He says, “I AM!” I am able to say, “I AM YOURS”.

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...