Wednesday, February 27, 2008

02 27 08 One More Chance….Again

“O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.”
(Psalm 30:3 NKJV)


How many times has the Lord rescued us from horrible situations? Many times, we may not even have realized He had His hand upon us as we have driven through heavy traffic or treacherous weather, spared a storm from passing through our neighborhood, or prevented a serious illness. Many acts of His grace we aren’t even aware of! How many times have we been headed down to the pit and His hand kept us alive?

The Message writes it this way: “GOD, you pulled me out of the grave, gave me another chance at life when I was down-and-out.” I can only recall the things I was involved in before being rescued by Christ! One chance after another to see another sunrise, when I deserved nothing but the grave! But for His grace and mercy……

I realize now how He kept me and still keeps me. If the Lord had not been on my side, my enemies would have indeed swallowed me alive and the storms of life flooded over me. Time after time He gave me ONE MORE CHANCE…AGAIN!

God’s continued grace and bountiful mercy should cause us to treat others the same way. We need to show a little more patience, a tad bit more grace, and give someone a second or third chance to get it right! It may just cause them to see Christ a little more clearly! It also reflects our gratitude toward our Savior. The love He shows toward us should be shared with those of which we come into contact.

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...