Thursday, February 7, 2008

02 07 08 I DO BELIEVE

“‘Then Jesus said to him; if you are able? All things are possible for the one who believes.’ Immediately the father of the boy cried out and said, ‘I believe; help my unbelief!’” (Mark 9:23-24 NET)

I do believe…I do believe…I DO BELIEVE: yet I have so much unbelief in my life.
I walk in faith, yet my faith is often more in the things I see than the things I don’t see. I follow God, yet I repeatedly find myself stumbling down a path of my own choosing. Paul teaches this is a common disorder among Christians, but he also says the cure for our unbelief is, quite simply, to BELIEVE God.

In my school studies, I am learning how deeply Abraham trusted God. Even though he messed up at times and got a little bit off the path (as he did in travelling into Egypt) he still had a strong faith. It wasn’t perfect, but strong! Paul sums up the issue with one simple phrase: "Abraham believed God …." (Romans 4:3)

The Hall of Faith listed in Hebrews 11 goes down a list of men and women who by faith trusted God’s plans for their lives. None were perfect, but they all had a strong faith.

I have learned since answering His call to mission life and service in 1999 that God does supply. He does come through and His plans are for me to succeed. So why don’t I trust Him more? Why is their so much unbelief? I can only say this: it’s a maturing process. It’s a matter of keeping my mind on God and not the world, not the situation around me. At times I have to look back to last week, last month, last year, and realize that DADDY has brought me and the family through. He is faithful. I am becoming more faithful with each passing day, month, and year.

So when I find myself doubting, I go to my prayer journal and recall how He has come through time and time again. I look at where I started on my journey with Him and see that during the roughest days, there are only one set of footprints…DADDY’S! He carried me!!!! This gets me through, even when I stumble and fall flat on my face.

When the enemy attempts to pull me of course, I must look in the mirror and say: “I do believe…I do believe…I DO BELIEVE!” Then I must live it out, by faith.

No comments:

Just wanna say "Thank You . . . Gracias Señor!"

Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1Thessalonians 5:16-1...