Friday, February 1, 2008

02 01 08 The Human Side of Life

“You should have the same attitude toward one another that Christ Jesus had,
who though he existed in the form of God
did not regard equality with God
as something to be grasped,
but emptied himself
by taking on the form of a slave, by looking like other men,
and by sharing in human nature.”
(Philippians 2:5-7 NET)


God is pleased to draw us back into a right relationship because His grace in infinite. No sin will ever be greater—or more frequent—than His capacity to forgive. We too must show that kind of compassion to others, yet with the warmness of flesh and blood. Just as we desire God to be more than a stoic and cold dictator, we too must show some of THE HUMAN SIDE OF LIFE along with our spiritual capacity to share God’s truths in a situation. We enjoy the warmness of our DADDY and His desire for us to return to Him with a humble heart and attitude. He’s willing to embrace us as we seek Him, so we too must be willing to be the same loving father, spouse, and friend to those we love.


Christ-like character requires me to live with the same servant’s attitude, regardless of how I felt about my home environment, my church activities, or my work situation. Folks are more likely to listen to what I say when my actions show respect and concern for them, when I do more than the minimum required, more than they expect. Isn’t that how I felt when I learned how God really loved me and desired for me to know Him intimately? I am still amazed at why He loves me, why He includes me in His plan, and why He keeps pursuing me! Why did God send his Son Jesus to save a sinful people?

Daily, I must ask God to turn those tough situations in my life into opportunities to share the Gospel – but I must check my attitude first. Even within my most personal relationships; marriage, children, and other family relationships, we need to seek Godly advice as to His plan in it all. This does not just come from Godly people, but from God Himself! We must stay in touch with DADDY!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...