Tuesday, January 15, 2008

01 15 08 One BIG Family

“For just as in one body we have many members, and not all the members serve the same function, so we who are many are one body in Christ, and individually we are members who belong to one another…Be devoted to one another with mutual love, showing eagerness in honoring one another…Rejoice in hope, endure in suffering, persist in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints, pursue hospitality.”
(Romans 12:4-13 NET)


The more I accept His will for me and allow His grace and mercy to envelope my life, the more I see and experience that God does indeed have ONE BIG FAMILY! As I mature and grow (as He grows me) I am seeing just how wide and how deep the love of Christ is through the love of others within the Body we call the Church. When the simplest of our needs are met, whether it is our monthly bills, a vehicle repair, travel costs, prayer in time of distress, or a simple phone call or e-mail of encouragement, I am overwhelmed by His care and kindness for me. I know it’s my DADDY working through His children!

God cares for the smallest and largest of our needs as we make them known to Him. He also meets needs we never knew we had. I have lost count of how many times I have met with a friend, even a stranger, and the conversation has encouraged me so much that the renewed energy alone has gotten me through the day! When confronted with an opportunity to share my time or resources, though at the time I may doubt if I can even help at all, the reaction I receive to my humble assistance has let me know that God is deeply involved in my personal life! He still cares, still directs, and He is still is on the throne! Oh, the true Body of Christ is ONE BIG FAMILY; every age, every size, every color, every denomination, and all ranges of economic backgrounds as well.

“When God’s children are in need, be the one to help them out. And get into the habit of inviting guests home for dinner or, if they need lodging, for the night.”
(Romans 12:13 NLT)


I have to pause to say “Thank you” to each and everyone who has opened their doors, given from their personal finances, sacrificed their time, and shared our pain and rejoicing over the years. Many with you were there when the Lord began our journey as missionaries. Some have recently joined the journey with us. But every one of you is part of our ONE BIG FAMILY in Christ! Our prayer is that we can strive to do our best to honor the Lord with our lives and bring Him glory, causing others to seek after Him. In this way, you’ll know your sacrifice was well worth it and eternally effective. God bless you and may He keep meeting your needs as you continue to serve Him as well!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...