Wednesday, January 9, 2008

01 09 08 What Will My Answer Be?

“Then I heard the Lord asking, ‘Whom should I send as a messenger to my people? Who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Lord, I’ll go! Send me.’ ”
(Isaiah 6:8 NLT)


Abraham Jacob, Moses, Samuel, and Isaiah all answered the Lord when He called upon them: “Here I am.” They were prepared. They were ready. They may not have been the most qualified. They certainly were not the most perfect of candidates. They all had issues! But one thing they all were: willing! WHAT WILL MY ANSWER BE when the Lord calls upon me? “Wait a minute or two…Let me get this straightened out first…Let me finish up at this job and retire…I will when my kids mature…Ok, but after we get the finances settled; everything paid off…” Sound familiar? “Find someone else Lord!”

“I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.”
(Ezekiel 22”30 NLT)


Jerusalem’s society was in utter chaos in Ezekiel’s day. Even the priests and prophets were in great decay. Families were in disarray; the poor were not cared for; orphans neglected; bribes, extortion, immoral lifestyles. God searched for just one who would be able to “stand in the gap” for the nation, but He found none! That was Jerusalem in 500-600 B.C. America is no better today!

When God is searching today for a father to live holy, pray, serve, and stand in the gap for his family WHAT WILL MY ANSWER BE? When He seeks out families to serve within the church Body, WHAT WILL MY ANSWER BE? When He calls for volunteers for the children’s’ school, WHAT WILL MY ANSWER BE? Will God find anyone to stand for Him? Will He find me willing to stand in the gap or falling through the cracks?

WHAT WILL MY ANSWER BE when He calls my name?

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...