Monday, January 7, 2008

01 07 08 Awake My Soul (Part IV)(Experience His Blessings)


Now the LORD said to Abram,
‘Go out from your country, your relatives, and your father’s household
to the land that I will show you. Then I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you,
and I will make your name great, so that you will exemplify divine blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
but the one who treats you lightly I must curse,
and all the families of the earth will bless one another by your name.’
So Abram left, just as the LORD had told him to do…”
(Genesis 12 :1-4 NET)


I know we all will not be Abraham and be the father of a great nation or even a great and famous family, but one thing is for sure: if we are willing to make even the smallest sacrifices in obedience to the Lord, the blessings will far outweigh the sacrifice! Our basic obedience to the Word of God promises blessings of peace and contentment, knowing we have done what our Father requires of us. Walking in concert with God brings contentment, even when those around us may disagree with us, ignore us, and even belittle us. The peace of God surpasses all understanding and brings fulfillment to the soul. And it will leave a legacy behind for all to see and follow. So like Abraham, we first need do just as the Lord tells us if we expect any change to take place.

“Moses answered again, ‘And if they do not believe me or pay attention to me,
but say, “The LORD has not appeared to you”?’ The LORD said to him,
‘What is that in your hand?’
He said, ‘A staff’.”
(Exodus 4:1-2)


Many of us say things like “I am not Abraham…I am not Moses….” Well, basically, that’s what Abraham and Moses said. They feared the unknown, like we all do! They doubted themselves. But as we see time and time again, we can do all things if we simply allow God to work through us. He equips us with all we need to do His work. It is the trick of the enemy to have us doubt!

God simply desires our obedience…our faithfulness…and the things we already possess, right I our own hands! Even to the very basic aspect of our salvation, we doubt if God could save a sinner like me! God promises to save anyone who calls upon His name and places his trust in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It’s simple obedience, faith, and surrender to Him. With all God has planned for each person’s life, it requires faith and obedience. The sacrifice of putting His will over our personal desire brings blessings. Trusting God to equip each of us to carry out His will brings blessings as well. We are blessed…others are blessed…and God is blessed as well as we allow His power to show through us!

So who am I and what do I have to offer? I am His child and I possess all He has given me to do His will. There is nothing I can’t do if God has me to do it. Apart from God I can do nothing, but by His Spirit…by His strength, in His power: I can do all things BUT fail! It’s all about Him!

O, AWAKE MY SOUL and really begin to EXPERIENCE HIS BLESSINGS. Isn’t it about time?

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...