Friday, January 4, 2008

01 04 08 Awake My Soul III

I Will Question You!

“Get ready for a difficult task like a man;
I will question you
and you will inform me!
God’s questions to Job
‘Where were you
when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you possess understanding!’”
(Job 38:3-5 NET)


Who do I think I am anyway? What do I really know? What knowledge, what security, what plans or achievements….if not for God’s providence? Jonathan Edwards said in his sermon, Sinners in the Hand of an Angry God (Enfield, Connecticut, July 8, 1741) that the natural man “depends upon himself for his own security; he flatters himself in what he has done, in what he is doing, or what he intends to do.” The born-again believer must realize we are at the mercy of God for all that we are able to accomplish

Any thought of independence from God is pure stupidity. Apart from Him, I can do nothing! A comparison to the Creator and me the creature is ridiculous! I am weak, finite and very, very limited in understanding. When God says, “I WILL QUESTION YOU”, I am best to be quieted, humble, and simply listen; realizing that He is God and I am not!

Oh AWAKE MY SOUL, and realize I am but a lump of clay in the Potter’s hand. I am at His mercy to use and shape me as He pleases. That’s when the most can be accomplished in my life; when I allow God to be Lord of my life!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...