Friday, December 7, 2007

12 07 07 Mind Our P’s

“Jesus replied, “Your brother will come back to life again.” Martha said, “I know that he will come back to life again in the resurrection at the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live even if he dies, and the one who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
(John 11:23-26)


Death could not hold Christ and it cannot stand between Him and we who believe. Our hope, our faith in an eternal life with Him beyond the grave, is found in His promise to us and His power over sin and death makes the promise sure. If you believe Jesus was merely a good man, a great teacher, and a wonderful counselor and friend, then you’ll find no real comfort when faced with death and sorrow. However, for those who believe that Jesus is the Savior, the Son of God who came into to the world to save sinners from eternal death, the Resurrection and the Life; we have no fear even when staring death and sorrow directly in its face! We, who trust in His person, are assured of His presence and trust in His promises!

“I will never leave you and I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, and I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
(Hebrews 13:5-6)


When living day to day, even in the midst of the worst trials, we must live out our faith and the promises of Jesus. Our testimony is only as good as our actions during our tests! Do we trust? Do we believe? Will we stay anchored in His words? We have to MIND OUR P’S: the promises, the power, the presence and the person of Jesus Christ! It takes off all the pressures of the world!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...