Friday, October 19, 2007

10 19 07 In the Beginning V
(The End)

“I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is going to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: Preach the message, be ready whether it is convenient or not, reprove, rebuke, exhort with complete patience and instruction……You, however, be self-controlled in all things, endure hardship, do an evangelist’s work, fulfill your ministry……” (2 Timothy 4:1-5)

I try to live as this is the last day of my life, at least from the start anyway. Like most human beings who are still breathing and have responsibilities, I get side tracked by “life”. However, I try to stay focused and remember that what I am doing needs to be beneficial to the people around me and most importantly approving to God. You see, I like to think of this portion of my life as THE BEGINNING, and the next stage (in glory) as the rest of the story. So therefore, this life, every day of it, is actually THE END of THE BEGINNING!

As Paul instructs Timothy near the end of his life, he instructs us as well: carry out our God-given tasks for the glory of God and not man; whether popular or not; with grace and patience; willing to endure some difficulties; doing our part in the Body. It is God to whom we are held accountable and it is God who will judge our works! It is Him we seek to please and Him alone.

“I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith! Finally the crown of righteousness is reserved for me. The Lord, the righteous Judge, will award it to me in that day – and not to me only, but also to all who have set their affection on his appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:7-8)

Many of us receive disappointments in life. People do not live up to our expectations. We get turned down for a job or a position we desire. We’re not always happy with what goes on around us, whether it’s at home, at work, even at church. Wherever there are people, there will be problems, disappointments, and even pain and hurt. But that’s only THE BEGINNING…… THE END is coming when we really begin to experience life……with Jesus!

We have to keep focused on the finish line; the final bell; the crown of righteousness given to all who long for and love the thought of the Lord’s return! Dow we really mean it as we pray, “Your Kingdom come”? Do we long for the Lord’s return? It surely helps us stay motivated to please Him as we end this life day by day.

“The Lord will deliver me from every evil deed and will bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever! Amen.” (2 Timothy 4:18)

We need to beg the Lord for His grace to live every day as this was the last day; THE END OF OUR BEGINNING.

Let’s encourage one another to finish well! Today may be the Day! Maranatha!!!!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...