Thursday, September 13, 2007

09-13-07 Who Am I Compared to I AM?
“’Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him?
Let the person who accuses God give him an answer!’
Then Job answered the LORD:
‘Indeed, I am completely unworthy– how could I reply to you?
I put my hand over my mouth to silence myself.
I have spoken once, but I cannot answer;
twice, but I will say no more.’” (Job 40:2-5 NET Bible)


At times we all contend with God in one way or another. We don’t understand why we are experiencing this or that. We question His timing. We disrespect His authority. We ignore His pleadings. What if God would come to us and ask, “Who is it that doubts the One who created him? Who is it who denies the Lord of Hosts’ authority? Who is it that questions the timing of He Who holds time in His hand?” WHO AM I anyway, compared to the great I AM?

Read over some of the lyrics from Casting Crowns:
Who Am I
Casting Crowns)

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart……
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me……
I AM YOURS


“So I said: ‘Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.’" (Isaiah 6:5 NKJV Bible)

The NET Bible reads this way when translating Isaiah’s attitude when in the Lord’s presence: “I am destroyed for my lips are contaminated by sin, and I live among people whose lips are contaminated by sin.” When I realize that I am living in the very presence of God, oh how I am disgusted at myself at times. How can I possibly do the things I do after all God continually does for me? Woe is me indeed! I am destroyed, if not for His grace and mercy…..His love for me. I don’t know why He loves me, but I am so glad He did and still does and forever will!

So how do we answer the world? How do we answer the enemy when he attempts to sway us? Tell him to Whom we belong to and Who sent us:

“And God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM.’ And He said, Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’" (Exodus 3:14 NKJV Bible)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...