Wednesday, September 12, 2007

09 12 07 My God, My Trust
“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge, and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust……He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.” (Psalm 91)

Luther called this psalm the most distinguished jewel among all the psalms of consolation. Though we may not know exactly who penned this psalm, it is the practice of the Jewish interpreters to assign it to Moses, the author of Psalm 90. We can see the relationship to Moses’ life: pestilence, terror, enemies falling by the ten thousands, yet all the while the protection from evil by the Lord.

I want to make it personal to me as well. As I attempt to walk under the covering of the Holy Spirit, I can feel His presence. I know of times that it has been God and God alone who has brought my family and me through. He is my refuge, my hiding place, my fortress, my rock and my shield. He is my provider and my enabler. He is my strength and my consolation. He has made a way so many times when things seem ready to blow. He is my God……even today, right this very moment!

As my deliverer, he will deliver me from this life to the next, with sweet fellowship with Him forever. That is my goal, but in the meantime we seek to serve Him right here, in the thick of the battle. Jehovah Nissi is still leading the charge and Jehovah Jireh is still providing according to His riches in glory! Jehovah Shalom still provides the peace beyond all understanding. He is MY GOD and MY TRUST!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...