Thursday, August 16, 2007

08 16 07 Will You Pray For Me?
“For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding…..” (Colossians 1:9)

I’ll pray for you.” It’s the most abused reply in Christian life, in my opinion, whatever that is worth. The first or last things our of most believers mouths when hearing of someone’s need. When I ask someone, “Will you pray for me?” I want to be assured that they are really going to pray for me! I need prayer! To tell someone we will pray for them and then to not pray is a lie……a sin! Do we ever confess it though?

Will you pray for me?” is a serious request. Let’s take it seriously. When we let someone know we’ll pray for them, let’s take their request (s) to our Father consistently and with genuine passion. Let’s intercede for one another. Knowing others are praying for us as we go through trying circumstances really does energize us and encourage us. Prayers of the righteous still avail a great deal! We must, however, keep our word and remember to pray. Souls may be in the balance. A teen prodigal may be on the brink of a life-threatening decision. A single mom may be deciding on suicide or not. A spouse may be ready to abandon her children. Is remembering to pray worth it?

When you ask me to pray for you I write it down. I may even ask you for an update. I want you to know I care. I still forget and am ashamed to admit it., but I am striving to pray more often and for more people. So let me know your prayer requests; I count it a privilege to pray for you to our DADDY. I have one request of you:

Will you pray for me?”

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...