Wednesday, August 15, 2007

08 15 07 In His House

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” (Psalm 23:6)

A little bit of heaven on earth: we’ve all heard the saying. So what is it like to live IN HIS HOUSE ANYWAY? As the song says, “I can only imagine”. To be in His presence; to see Him in all His beauty; to thank Him for all He has done; to be by His side; to know I will no longer leave Him for sin; “I can only imagine!” Yet David states that he will dwell in the house of the Lord forever! Can we do that, even today?

I believe it is possible. While those who confess Christ as Lord and Savior live a repentant life seeking to honor and obey His commands are indeed set apart and sealed for the day of redemption, saved from judgment, and with a promise of eternal life with the Lord, we can live daily in His presence today! As we live daily, seeking to be sinless by sinning less and less, we experience His peace, we receive His grace, and we have confidence knowing He goes before us. As we seek His will daily we learn more of His character and share it with others. We can walk with a quiet confidence and peace, even as all hell breaks loose around us and the entire world!

As we pray the model prayer, “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”, it is possible to experience a heavenly existence upon earth and cause us to desire to be IN HIS HOUSE more each day. We can’t get comfortable in this life, desiring more and more things and doing less and less for Christ and others. Heaven is where we believers are headed, why not get used to it? Let’s start living like we’re just passin’ through! We’re on a journey home, so let’s not live like those in this foreign land. Let’s take on the pedigree ands character of our people, the ecclesia, the called out ones, the peculiar people, the little Christs, the Christians! I look forward to the day to claim my little island shanty among the mansions in heaven, but until then I desire for the Lord to live in and through me; take up residence in me and thus I can experience a little of what it is like to live IN HIS HOUSE right now!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...