Tuesday, July 24, 2007

07 23 07 God Knows

“O Lord, You examine me and know. You know when I sit down and when I get up; even from far away You understand my motives……You place Your hand on me……You wove me together in my mother’s womb……You knew me thoroughly: my bones were not hidden from You, when I was made in secret and sewed together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb. All the days ordained for me were recorded in Your scroll before one of them came into existence…….Examine me and probe my thoughts! Test me, and know my concerns! See if there is any idolatrous tendency in me, and lead me in the reliable ancient path!”
(Psalm 139 NET)

After witnessing the home going of our 17 year-old cousin and the birth of our second grandson all within 24 hours, I realized more than ever how GOD KNOWS all about us. He knows our beginnings and end. He knows us from the moment we are conceived until the second we breathe our last breath. He knows where we will spend eternity, with Him or in hell and eternal torment and separation from Him. GOD KNOWS! The questions are this: Does He know us and do we care if others are known by Him?

You see, lots of people know who God is. I believe that very few people are really atheists. You can’t live many days upon this earth and actually believe there is no God. They may not care, but they know! One may go through life acting as though God does not exist, but the moment things go wrong, they cry out, “Oh God….” They ask why, how, and what is the purpose. One may even curse at God. No matter the response, they know He exists! Even Satan himself knows God. Knowledge is one thing; belief and repentance is a totally different reality!

I like The Message version of Jesus’ response to the question of how many will be saved in Luke’s Gospel: “Well, one day you're going to be banging on the door, wanting to get in, but you'll find the door locked and the Master saying, 'Sorry, you're not on my guest list.'”(Luke 13:25 MSG) As my Pastor reminded me just this Sunday (July 22), it’s not whether we know God, but does God know us? So, I ask everyone I meet, “Does God know you? Is your name on the guest list?” What a shame to think you’re on the list only to be told, “I don’t know you!” We each have to make the decision while there is still time.

We ALL have sinned. We ALL deserve spiritual death and separation from God. Jesus died and rose from the dead so we ALL may have eternal life with God. It’s His gift to EACH of us by His grace, not by anything we do. We ALL must do two things: believe on the Lord Jesus and repent from our sins. We can’t fool God. GOD KNOWS.

Witnessing life and death within the same 24 hours help me to realize this fact. What matters most is what God knows about me…and you. Does He know me? Does He know you? It’s up to us! It‘s not in our words, but how we live, the things we do. Only GOD KNOWS!

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...