Friday, July 6, 2007

07 06 07 Hard Choices…by Faith

By faith, Moses, when he had come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; choosing rather to suffer with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasure of sin for a season.” (Hebrews 11:24-25 KJV)

Most of us can look back at our lives and see the mistakes we have made along the way, as well as some really good choices. Hard choices are made by faith for sure! At times we make a decision knowing we can make the money, set aside the time, make our plan for the occasion. These decisions are based upon trusting ourselves, our abilities, and perhaps our family and friends. But the really hard choices……well………

We read all throughout Hebrews 11 how many people faced danger, confusion, and the unknown by trusting God, not themselves! What do we do when the answer isn’t easy; when the end is no where in sight, or we really can’t see the forest for the trees? These are truly hard choices……..made by faith!

The best decisions I have made in life have occurred when I do not have the answers. I have had to consult wise counsel, pray, and even wait upon God to work things out. At these times, all I can say is “I trust you DADDY and follow YOU”. I must admit, folks think I am crazy at times, even my wife! Whether it has been leaving work for missionary life, making decisions concerning our children, or making the monthly budget, the choices are often hard. But so far, God has been true and I trust He always will be; if I only trust Him more often!!!!

This is STILL my prayer and I pray that you will hold me accountable to it, so my DADDY in heaven will receive all the praise and accolades:

“And if it seems evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom you will serve……but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...