Friday, June 22, 2007

June 22, 2007 Stillness Around the Chaos


“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10 KJV)


“What joy is brought to our soul when we are confronted with a problem which has no solution, and yet God works it out for our good and His glory.”[1] The NET Bible puts it this way:
“Stop your striving and recognize that I am God!”

Sometimes I am so busy doing things for Jesus that I don’t let the Lord do anything! I am so busy striving (contending, struggling, fighting) that I can’t even recognize where God is in it all. I am trying to do it all and wonder why there is really nothing getting done! I need to recognize, huh? I laugh at myself so often and ask, “Why do I think God needs my help? After all, He is God!” Henry Blackaby (Experiencing God) would stress with us to look for God at work around us and join Him. Many times we are (well I am) so busy doing, that we forget why we’re doing it and for Whom. We ask God to bless our work, instead of asking Him to bless us (Prayer of Jabez) in doing His work.

John Lennon (1940-1980) of the Beatles said, “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” It is still amazing to see God at work through all the chaos of life, even the chaos I create with all my good intentions! He has a way of creating a stillness around the chaos, if I’ll just take time to quiet down and seek after Him, realizing He is still God. At times, I need to relax a bit and give God back the reigns on my life and the work. Allow Him to be exalted! It’s all about Him anyway.





[1] King James Bible Commentary, Nelson Publishers, Nashville, TN, 1999, P. 557

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...