Monday, June 11, 2007

06 11 07 God Alone

And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong,
whom you see now.
Yes, the faith which comes through Him
has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.”
(Acts 3:16)

Are you ever amazed at how God works, especially through you? Have you ever finished speaking with someone and wondered within your heart, “How did I just do that?” “Was that really me speaking?” Have you ever finished a huge task and remarked, “I never thought I could accomplish such a task!” I am often in this situation!

Peter was somewhat shocked himself at why the people at the Temple were so amazed at the lame man now walking. He reminded the Jewish audience that it was not Peter or John who heals, but faith in the same Jesus they recently crucified: the One sent by the God of their father Abraham!

Knowing myself better than anyone but God, I know for a fact who I was, my limited physical and mental talents, and how unqualified I am to ever represent the Gospel and the God who wrote it. It’s only because of Jesus, and my faith in Him, that I am even able to move and breathe right now. To be able to call Him my Savior and Lord is in deed a privilege. To be able to communicate with Him is totally beyond my wildest imagination, yet so real and appreciated! Any work I am able to accomplish, any help I am able to give, any joy others receive because of me is ONLY because of what Jesus has done for me and is doing through me!

I am not amazed at what He does! I am still amazed and eternally grateful that He did choose to save me from hell and count me able to serve Him now. Like Peter, once a rough and worldly fisherman, even denying the Christ He lived with for years, I realize who I was and what Jesus has done to change me. I can’t do anything unless He allows me to at this point in my life. What a place to be! Thank you Lord. What a marvelous thing You have done!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...