Monday, June 4, 2007

06 04 07 God’s Dream---God’s Plan--God’s Opinion

“Joseph had a dream, and when he told his brothers about it,
they hated him even more.” (Genesis 37:5)

When Joseph related the dreams he had, they weren’t too excited for him. In fact, they “hated him even more”, the Bible says. They already knew that their Daddy loved Joseph the best and now they felt as if he was rubbing it in, saying he would be great one day and they would bow down to him and serve him! Joseph would face so much suffering in the future (physical abuse, slavery, imprisonment, false accusations, and probably more). His brothers didn’t see it. His father Jacob didn’t see it. I don’t believe Joseph understood it all either. It was God’s dream, God’s plan, and only God’s opinion mattered!

Not only will others attempt to sabotage God’s dreams for us, we can mess them up ourselves! I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten in the Lord’s way by trying to speed up plans, change plans, or tell God I need a bigger role. I pray I can be more like Joseph and just live out His plans for me, so He can get the glory He deserves. If His dream is for me, if He has planned things out perfectly, and if His thoughts and opinions are all that really matter, then why do I worry what others think and then let me get in the way? I let my old nature get too active! I worry about what others think of me. I try to please and appease other’s wishes. I simply need to be the clay, not the potter! The old song rings true, “What God has for me is for me!”

“As for you, you meant to harm me, but God intended it for a good purpose,
so He could preserve the lives of many people…” (Genesis 50:20)

My Pastor said that “when people become contrary, God is about to do the extraordinary”. I have to believe that a little suffering, some challenges, and a few adversities all help to mature me and perfect me for His work. I must remain steadfast and unmovable, knowing His will for me and my work for Him is important. People may try to kill the dream or even the dreamer, but they can’t kill my GOD!

Just before sitting under my Pastor (Robert Wingfield) on June 3, 2007, I heard Pastor Tony Evans earlier that morning on TV quote Romans 8:31: “What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Why then, do I doubt God? God’s favor far outweighs that of man. We all must remember: it’s God’s dream, God’s plan, and only God’s opinion matters! We have to live in obedience to His will so He may get all the glory as others see it’s not us, but GOD!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...