Friday, June 1, 2007

06 01 07 Supporting the Work of the Gospel

“Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come,
that they may lay hold on eternal life.”
(1Timothy 6:18-19 NKJV)

“Seek first the kingdom of God.”
(Matthew 6:33 NKJV)

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4)

The Lord continues to attempt to beat into my stubborn soul the basic message of trust: trust Him to provide as I trust Him to use me. As I wonder how effective I am for Christ and how I will possibly be able to do anything without His direct intervention, I am reminded to keep working, keep serving, keep supporting, even from my need!

Who am I to decide enough is enough? Who am I to think I can do better than God or think He made a mistake? If I am to do my part in supporting the work of the Gospel, then I must allow His Spirit total control of every aspect of my life. No matter what I do not have, I am “rich” compared to most and have something to give. What do I need to save? Can my God not provide for me later? I must be focused on His agenda---“His kingdom” first! As I “delight” in giving to Him and His people, He shall give me what I really “desire” (His will).

I must be careful to “guard” the things He has entrusted to me; my faith, my life, my salvation, my ministry. I can only do this by entrusting my heart and will to Him as well!

“Oh Timothy, guard what was committed to your trust.”
(1Timothy 6:20)

Oh, by the way, what has the Lord entrusted to you as far as supporting the work of the gospel? Are you I compliance, or waiting until when it is convenient? The harvest is SO ripe, yet the workers are few and are being beaten up and worn down!

Search our hearts, try our thoughts: Lord, convict us to do Your will first, without complaint or whining! Help us to see that we need to trust you more each day!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...