Friday, May 25, 2007

05 24 07 Rich in Every Way


“I always thank my God for you because of the grace of God that was given to you in Christ Jesus. For you were made rich in every way in Him, in all your speech and in every kind of knowledge---so that you do not lack any spiritual gift as you wait for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” (1 Corinthians 1:4-9)

Koinonia, the Greek word for union and communion, or fellowship with one another, was taught to me years ago by a fellow co-worker while starting his church which he named Koinonia Outreach Ministries. We thrived upon the fellowship we shared with several other believers within the Post Office and often discussed the meaning of this statement: “without fellowship, there is no real relationship”. I praise the Lord for my former postal brothers and sisters in Christ and continue to remember them in prayer, especially Pastor Alonzo Ouzts.

I am now (and have been for 14 years) blessed to have wonderful fellowship, koinonia, with practically hundreds of close family within my home church and other believers as well. I am encouraged, challenged, supported, corrected, and taught by them daily in one way or another. I truly thank my God, my Daddy, for YOU! He has placed me in places and relationships I could never imagine doing in my own power! When I look at my life, I really lack nothing and realize He has given way more than I’ll ever deserve! He is faithful indeed!

This REMINDER is simply to thank YOU for allowing God to place you somehow within my life and for adding to my joy. You probably won’t know until you get home to Jesus just how much you mean to me! To my wife, children, parents, pastors, ministers, friends, and other family: Let’s continue to celebrate our koinonia in Christ and with one another! I do thank God for each of you daily, for making me rich in every way through Christ!!!!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...