Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Nothing To Give

“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart…these, O God, You will not despise.” (Psalm 51:17)

Well, we need not look up too many Bible commentaries to figure this verse out, do we? What God really wants from us is what any parent wants from their child: a humble spirit and a forgiving heart. Just think as we who are parents react to the hearts of our children as they come running to us with tears in their eyes, arms wide open, ready to sink into our arms for forgiveness, reassurance, and love. No matter what they’ve done to offend us, we welcome them. They need us. They recognize their wrong. They want our help. We don’t ask for money, toys, or even their favorite stuffed animal, in return, just their hearts.

It’s simple. God the Father just wants our hearts to be one with His. He desperately wants to reach deep within our souls and provide all He knows we need. However, He will not force Himself on us, as we do at times with our kids (this is one of my faults I’m working on). So let’s keep things simple today. God wants me, not what I have. I really have nothing to GIVE but me! Once He has our hearts, all we could possibly obtain will be for His glory!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...