Monday, April 9, 2007

Lest I Forget…

“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, and His loyal love endures! Who can adequately recount the Lord’s mighty acts, or relate all His praiseworthy deeds? ---The Lord of Israel deserves praise, in the future and forever more. Let ALL the people say, ‘We agree! Praise the Lord!’”? (Psalm 106:1-2, 48, NET Bible)

Who in fact can possibly lists all the things the Lord has done? We take Him so much for granted that we don’t even recall the fact that He alone woke us up! It took me to leave my job and go into full-time ministry to actually realize it is God who provides my every need. I really have no control over the money I make, the home I live in, or the car I drive. I do not control my health, no matter how much I exercise or how healthy I eat! I can’t make my children obey or even respond to God’s calling for their lives. I can’t solve the child abuse problem in the world. I cannot lead every person I meet to the Lord either! Lest I forget, God is in control!

All it takes to realize this fact is to be rushed to surgery and within minutes unconscious and out of control. Springtime weather overnight turns to snow and freezing temperatures. One day enjoying a meal within your happy home and the next you’re in a courtroom facing divorce proceedings. One minute praying thanksgiving to God and the next answering a emergency phone call to come quickly and help a child in trouble. A trusted friend suddenly acts like your worst enemy. Twenty years of 9 to 5, comfort, and stability and then no paycheck, no insurance, no retirement plan. Lest I forget, God is in control!

The more I am in touch with God; the more I am understanding how futile my plans are. While it’s good to plan, I must know His plans for me to truly find peace. The only way to know His plans for me is to know Him more deeply. I even begin to understand myself more, as I realize How Daddy made me and formed me. Things will rust and fade. People will let me down. Money loses value every day. My relationship with my Daddy is eternal! Lest I forget-------

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...