Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The God of MY Salvation

Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation and my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.” (Psalm 51:14)

David was a murderer, a thief, and an adulterer, among other things. He didn’t always perform as he should have as king. He wasn’t the best dad in the world. Even growing up, he was not the favorite son or the most popular among his siblings. Yet as he pursued the mercy of God, the God of his salvation, he vowed to speak of His mercy and righteousness. He was nothing without Jehovah and everything with His presence.

What have we been delivered from? What has the blood of Christ purged from our lives? What black spot has the Lamb washed whiter than snow, that when God looks at us He sees the righteousness of Christ and not the guilt of our actions? What has the God of our salvation done for us to make us “an heir of God through Christ” (Galatians 4:7)?

What business do I even have with idle thoughts and words, after what Christ has done for me? Everything I do, every word out my mouth, every plan I make, should be centered on honoring God and drawing others to the love and mercy of the God of my salvation! After what He has delivered me from, why do I waste my time on junk? With all that is going on today, we need to be reminded that all that we do should be done to bring glory to our Abba, our Daddy, and cause others to seek Him for themselves. My God must be the center of my life. Is He not worth it? I too am nothing without Him yet can do all things in Him! I am His son and He is the God of my salvation, so when will I begin to act like it so others can witness it? Time is getting short…just look around!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...